Sarch, Alajuela
1.7K views

I was all set to order a dozen Chocolate Covered Strawberries from Saris Berries as a thank you gift for my daughter--- that was UNTIL I got to the very last page and saw that the standard delivery charge to Indiana was going to be $16.99! And since I wanted it delivered before noon...

that was going to be an additional $9.99 fee. WTF-- $25 to ship a dozen chocolate covered strawberries to Indiana? Can you say RIDICULOUS?! They are also very cagey as to how they present their delivery fees.

The expedite fee for the "before noon" delivery is readily displayed from the start. But the standard shipping fee of $16.99 does not appear until the very END of the order process when it presents to you the final $ amount of your order. After seeing that my $30 Strawberries were now going to cost me almost $70 I quickly CANCELLED my order!

So thankful I did NOT to go through with this purchase!

Product or Service Mentioned: Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Overpriced delivery!.

Comments

I paid 41% shipping of my total order. Highway robbery.

Deceitful as well. Not buying again.

If the sherries berries would lower their shipping price I believe you would have more customers because it really ridiculous to have such prices on these times I love sherries berries and would send them to my friends more if the price was a little more reasonable

Same here. Was about to buy a $35 box of a dozen chocolate-covered strawberries.

Then at checkout I saw the total was going to be north of $70 when shipping was added and I immediately cancelled this order.This company is crap. They lure you in with reasonable deals on gifts then completely ream you on the shipping.Scammers.

I agree....shipping charges PLUS NOW A $4.00 ADDED "RURAL DELIVERY CHARGE"...(MY RECIPENT LIVES ON A MAIN STREET IN A CITY!!!) ORDER CANCELLED TODAY!!!

Had the same issue. Was buying birthday gift for two friends.

Berries were $50 for both until it came paying. They had an extra charge for Monday shipping $16.99 then added reg $9.99 shipping cost with shipping both would have come out to $114.00 for both.

$50.00 shipping charges. I immediately cancelled order.

Yes! I agree with last person that the shipping cost was not listed until you make purchase!

A little deceiving! Cost as much to deliver as the product!

Same thing with me!! I just went to order and very last page $17 for standard and tuesday guarantee for $14.99 over $30 to ship flowers!! I quickly cancelled that's ridiculous.

Denton, Texas, United States #1246882

Just purchased a box of sherries berries only to be stuck with an outrageous shipping charge at the end that was more than half the price of the product. They don't show these charges until you have already been charged for an outrageous fee.

Why would they not show you this up front. They know you would not purchase if you saw it.

So the only conclusion I have is they do it on purpose to deceive the public. SO BUYER BE WARE.