Heard a lot of their ads and I thought I would give them a try for Mother's Day. Though even at the advertised "sale" price of $39 for 12 chocolate dipped berries it seemed expensive to begin with (you can get the same things at the Wal-Mart deli for $10). However, I bit the bullet and decided I would send my mother and my wife one, so I'm figuring on about $90 after shipping....

I Get to the payment screen and am ready to hit complete and happen to look at the total...wait?!? what?? $148?!? (For that price those berries should be dipped in pure platinum!)

So I look at the breakdown to see how $80 became $148. $33.98($16.99x2) for standard shipping, $19.98 ($9.99x2) for a "Guaranteed Delivery Surcharge" (even though I said delivery was flexible and Mother's day is still a week away). And $7.98 ($3.99x2) for a rural delivery surcharge. Even though I have received hundreds of orders from various companies and have never, not one single time, been charged extra for being "rural" (which I'm really not, both I and mother live in large town of ~30, 000).

Deleted that order as fast as I could, went to Amazon and ordered chocolate covered berries from Golden State Fruit Company, they were $5 cheaper and included 18 berries instead of 12 and best of all, two day shipping was FREE saving me $78 over Shari's! I will never even consider this greedy company again. Honestly don't know how this outfit stays in business, lazy holiday shoppers with money to burn I guess...

Product or Service Mentioned: Sharis Berries Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments